Dr. Arun V Gopu
M.B.B.S., M.D (Internal medicine)., MMED(Nephrology) (UK)
|2011||MBBS||Sri Devraj Urs Medical College,Tamaka,Kolar.|
|2016||M.D in General medicine||Sri Devraj Urs Medical College,Tamaka,Kolar.|
|2020||MMED (Nephrology)||Edgehill University, Ormskirk, England, UK|
- Currently working as Consultant Physician at SIMS Chellum Hospital, Salem.
- Worked as Clinical research fellow at Clinical trials unit at Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust from August 2019 to August 2020.
- Worked as a Registrar in department of Nephrology at Salford Royal NHS foundation trust, Salford, Greater Manchester, UK from September 2017 to August 2020.
- Worked as Senior resident in The Oxford Medical College, Bangalore from June 2016 to August 2017
- Worked as a Resident of cardiac ICU in Apollo hospital Bangalore from May 2012 to April 2013.
CME / Workshops / Conferences
- Attended “CME for Physicians – Nephrology at your door step” at the 37th Annual ISN west zone conference held as a web-based CME on September 2021.
- Attended “Renal fistula course 2020”, conducted by Royal Preston Hospital, Preston, UK.
- Attended and presented a poster at “UK kidney week (UKKW) 2019” held at Brighton, UK.
- Attended and presented a poster at European Renal association – European dialysis and Transplant association conference (ERA- EDTA) 2019” held at Budapest, Hungary.
- Attended course on “Renal biopsy” 2019 held at Royal Preston Hospital at Preston.
- Attended course on “Infectious and Global nephrology 2019” held at Royal Free Hospital, London conducted by University College London.
- Attended course on dialysis “Dialysis 2018” held at University college of London at London.
- Attended “2ndNeuro update” in Bangalore conducted by Bangalore neuro education trust in November 2015.
- Attended national level conference “APICON 2015”.
- Attended national symposium in cardiology and annual CME in internal medicine conducted by medical education and research trust in October 2015.
- Attended state level conference “KAPICON 2014”.
- Attended National cardiac conference conducted by Apollo hospital in Bangalore 2012.
- Attended state level workshop on Disaster Management 2011
- Attended CME on Research methodology and evidence based medicine 2011.
- Attended CME on Eye donation awareness 2011.
- Presented a virtual Webinar “Symposium on Azithromycin” conducted by Dr Reddy’s Laboratory.
- Presented “Case based discussion on Type 2 diabetes patient on multiple oral hypoglycemic drugs” conducted by Novo Nordisk at Shivraj Inn on 28th December 2021
- Presented a lecture on “Case study on hyperglycemia management in a hospital setting: Journey from admission to discharge” and “Basics of Insulin” at SIMS Chellum Hospital on 19th January 2022, conducted by Novo Nordisk.
- Presented a virtual webinar on “Azelidipine – Physician perspective” on January 2022, conducted by Ajanta Pharma.
- Presented a poster in “APICON 2015” held at New Delhi – Acute pancreatitis and bone erosions following acute yellow phosphorus compound poisoning – A rare complication.
- Presented a paper in “KAPICON 2014” held at Hubli, Karnataka - Study of clinical profile, risk factors and outcome of sepsis in elderly.
- Presented a poster at “UK kidney week” 2019 held at Brighton, England – Compliance of acute kidney injury (AKI) bundle in patients admitted with AKI stage 3.
- Presented a poster at “European Renal association – European dialysis and Transplant association conference” 2019 held at Budapest, Hungary - Compliance of acute kidney injury (AKI) bundle in patients admitted with AKI stage 3.
- Published an original article in European journal of pharmaceutical and medical research STUDY OF CLINICAL PROFILE, RISK FACTORS AND OUTCOME OF SEPSIS IN ELDERLY Dr. Arun VG, Dr. Venkatarathnamma PN, Dr. Prabhakar K and Dr. Reddy Prasad. ejpmr, 2016,3(5), 463-468. (Impact factor – 3.628; Index Copernicus value – 7.06 )
- Published an article in Journal of Clinical Diagnosis and Research. ACUTE PANCREATITIS, HEPATITIS AND BONE EROSIONS IN ACUTE YELLOW PHOSPHORUS COMPOUND POISONING. Kamarthi P, Subramani P, Gopu AV, Prasad R, Srinivasa C J Clin diag res 2016 Jun;10(6):DD03-5.
- Under the guidance of Prof. Dr.Venkatarathnamma PN completed thesis on “STUDY OF CLINICAL PROFILE, RISK FACTORS AND OUTCOME OF SEPSIS IN ELDERLY”
- Ongoing project – under the guidance of Dr Poulikakos at Salford Royal NHS foundation trust “SYSTEMATIC REVIEW OF SUDDEN CARDIAC DEATH IN PERITONEAL DIALYSIS”